2.21.2009
Genesis
In the beginning I was unaware...I knew nothing of God. I spent the majority of my life with no true belief of the spiritual realm. I had no knowledge of the Bible and no real interest in learning it. This was probably due to a number of things, but mostly I felt like the stories of the Bible were pure fantasy and I couldn't believe anything I heard. On top of that, most of the people that I knew who were "religious" always seemed to be sick and broke and miserable. I didn't see any benefit in religious worship. In fact, it seemed odd to me that these people that talked about righteousness all the time were so corrupt and immoral. It certainly didn't help that every other month some priest/reverend/pastor was being exposed as a fraud. The whole thing seemed like a big scam to brainwash people and take their money. I wanted no part of this. I made up my mind that I was nobody's fool and I was not going to participate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment